Citrix ICA Client

Kim Briggs patiodragon at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 22:04:05 UTC 2006

> >On 1/3/06, David Mummery <dmummery at accessit.co.uk> wrote:
> >>
> >> I've been trying to get the Citrix ICAClient to work on Breezy Badger.
> >> Installed it from tarball, but when I try to launcn it from command line, I
> >> get the error message: /usr/lib/ICAClient/wfcmgr: error while loading shared
> >> libraries: libXm.so.3
> >>
> >> Googling the problem suggests that I install libmotif3 - but I cannot find
> >> libmotif3 so that I can install it.
> >>
> >> Any ideas?
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance.
> >>
> >> David Mummery
> >
> >Hi David,
> >
> >The Citrix website says their client requires "OpenMotif 2.2.x".  I
> >searched for "motif" using Synaptic and it came in under "libmotif3".
> >The properties say it is in Libraries...(Multiverse).
> >
> >[I actually wrote this stuff below first...
> >
> >I've gotten the client to work on several different linux
> >distributions, but I have never had  a use for running it from the
> >command line.  If  it's any use to you browser-based, this worked for
> >me.
> >
> >*Download the latest linux client
> >http://www.citrix.com/English/SS/downloads/details.asp?dID=2755&downloadID=3323&pID=186
> >*Read the readme to find the setup script that you need to execute.  I
> >think I accepted all the defaults.  Under Ubuntu, I installed it under
> >my home directory so I didn't have to worry about permissions.
> >*With Firefox or Mozilla pointed at the server, when it the program
> >asks how to do handle the citrix software, point it to the file
> >..install_path/ICAClient/wfica  (not wfmgr).]
> >
> >cheers,
> >--
> >http://kimbriggs.com

On 1/3/06, David Mummery <dmummery at accessit.co.uk> wrote:
> Kim -
>
> Thanks for the advice. I can now login to Nfuse and access published applications from Firefox.
>
> I am still, however, unable to launch the ICAClient from either command line or the Gnome menu.
>
> I have checked and found libXm.so.3 is installed in /usr/X11R6/lib
>
> Still get the same error libXm.so.3 not available. I'm a bit confused as regards what to try next...
>
> Many thanks.
>

> David Mummery

I have no experience with this in particular, but when I can't get
something to work after I've triple-checked everything else, it is
usually a permissions problem when dealing with linux.  If your user
doesn't have read (execute?) permissions, the system will respond
properly by saying it's not there.  Good Luck.