Alternatives to ubuntu?

j Mak joz_mak at yahoo.ca
Tue Jan 3 21:30:15 UTC 2006

                                        Nautilus is incredibly sluggish comparing to konqueror. I am also running Sarge with KDE and I can tell you that this combination gave me the fastest Linux desktop, I've ever had.  A bit outdated though.

    J. Mak

Filip Svendsen <filipncs at gmail.com> wrote: I realize this is probably one of the worst possible places to ask
this, but I'm looking for an alternative to Ubuntu. My problem is that
the interface feels so incredibly sluggish. I'm not talking about
startup times of apps, which really doesn't bother me at all; it's the
responsiveness of apps after they've started. In particular firefox is
incredibly slow, compared to under windows 2000.

I really don't want to go back to windows again, so I'm interested in
if anybody knows how well gnome and firefox runs under for example
gentoo?
Are their other performance-minded distros out there?
--
Venlig hilsen
Filip Svendsen