Very slow MySQL performance

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Tue Jan 3 13:41:47 UTC 2006

Thank you for the advice.

I should have mentioned before that I'm kind of a newbie, so I didn't
quite understand the specifics of your recommendations.

> I assume that "top" shows the system is idle.

I'm not sure what "top" refers to. But I have a CPU monitor in the top
right corner of my screen. It goes almost solid blue, indicating that
the CPU is maxing out. It stays maxed out for the duration of the time
that I am waiting for phpMyAdmin/MySQL to return a result.

> The first thing I'd
> check then would be hosts/DNS/reverse-DNS.

How do I check these settings?

--
Dave M G