RAID

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Mon Jan 2 00:58:55 UTC 2006

Anders Karlsson Wrote:

> > What controller would you suggest for a real RAID1 SATA hardware

> > solution reliably working with RAID1 under Debian?[/color]

> RocketRAID 1820A RAID (US$230) seems to do real HW RAID, and it does

> RAID5 as well. Good signs of a proper RAID controller is battery

> backed fast write cache. Price will usually tell you if it is tat or

> good stuff. Unfortunately, there is no cheap good solutions....

The SCSI ctrlr we had several years ago was big in size and money -
cannot remember the brand. The price was around 500 bucks.

RocketRAID: Had been on http://www.highpoint-tech.com/ and lately on
Promise website because of the drivers.

The surprise was that there are sources for the Promise FastTrak S150
TX stuff. Im no Linux src geek but I read into a little. Kernel >= 2.4
is mentioned there.

8-[ Maybe any lowlevel memb's hanging out there could please help me
out telling me, if there are serious chances that I could get it
translated for Breezy?

:-k Other strategy could be using a smaller boot device loading OS
from, additionally loading dmraid drivers and hooking data on dmraid
device with mirror. A LiveCD with mdraid on or more better just a flash
memory Live!Stick with an editable area that holds machine specific data
that would be perfect for such a thing.

Anyone heard of anything like this?

rob*

--