Local Apache server will sot serve PHP files

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Sun Jan 1 17:36:38 UTC 2006

Thank you for the advice. I have two follow up questions.

	1. By installing libapache2-mod-php4, it seems PHP is now being
interpreted by Apache. So as a next step, I copied one of my web sites
from my web hosting service to my local machine.
	When I attempted to run index.php of my web site, I got the error
"Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_pconnect()".
	I checked Synaptic again, and I have the php4-mysql module installed.
	Is this an indicator of a missing component or configuration problem?

	2. I thought that there was a configuration for Apache which would make
it so that PHP script would be parsed within an HTML file. Is that not
possible?

	Thank you for any advice.

--
Dave M G