Ubuntu Screen Res Issues

jean gruneberg kaosboss at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 09:10:51 UTC 2006

Mark Menzies wrote:
> I have my laptop running at 1024x768 and my monitor (when docked) can
> run at 1280x1024.
>
> The graphics on my laptop is :
> Intel 82852/82855GM/GME Graphics controller
>
> But when the laptop is docked, I cannot have a higher res than
> 1024x768.  Even if I have to manually change the res every time I dock
> and undock it I will do that, but at the moment, I don`t even have that
> option.

On my fujitsu (running the same graphics card) had to install
915resolution (now in synaptic).  Once installed run 915resolution -l in
terminal.  Gives you a list of available resolutions and their mode ID's

In the file /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh add the line for the resolution you
need at the end of the first uncommented section.

In mine the line is.....

915resolution 7d 1280 800

This has added the widescreen resolution as well as all the lower
resolutions the card will run.

HTH

Jean