Virtual Printer (PDF Printer)

René list.account at gmx.net
Sun Jan 1 01:13:39 UTC 2006

hello
what do you use for creating PDFs?
okay, in OpenOffice it is implemented. and i can also choose to print a
JPG to a PDF in gThumb.
but, what do i do if i want to print a PDF from Firefox?
so, today i downloaded the program 'cups-pdf 1.7.1'. Firefox tells me he
knows a default printer and no other printer is available in the drop-down.
when going to the printer-manager i also do not see a virtual printer (PDF
printer) available. if i add a printer there, the manager shows me the PDF
Printer, but if i go further i should provide the name of the company and
the model type. that's nonsens in that case, right?
oh, i also tested in the console 'ps2pdf' which does PDFs from PS
(PostScripts) because the browser lets ,me create PS. unfortunately text
is never there in the PDF created in such way, eventhough the pictures are
well.
best thanks for helping on that.
regards,
René