Testing Dapper Flight CD 4

Loïc Martin lomartin3 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 16:25:49 UTC 2006

Colin Watson wrote:
>> installer (only F1 works but nothing else). Others languages works even
>> though most don't change anything on the first screen.
>>
> 2.1 pressing F2 after the CD start and choosing French freezes the
>
> That was probably my most frequently reported bug in Flight CD 4, and is
> fixed in current daily builds by hitting the French console keymap over
> the head a bit harder.

Thank you, I won't report the bug
>> 2.2 network configuration doesn't work here for an adsl connection that
>> requires a password (Ethernet modem). DHCP fails and manual
>> configuration ask for an IP address (which I don't have since mine is
>> dynamically  attributed).  Never is my password asked, not even my login
>> for the provider.
>>

> netcfg wishlist bug, but there's no code at all to support this I'm
> afraid; you'll have to configure it after installation.

The only way to configure my connection after installation was to resort
to the command line (sudo pppoeconf).
System>Administration>Networking & Networking tools both don't provide
any way to set it up (asks for fixed IP address)
Am I missing something or should I fill a bug? If so, what's the name of
the package that provides the entry Networking in the menu?

>> 2.3 Chinese (simplified) install never asks for a password, nor does a
>> French install. After install and reboot, I'm stuck at login screen,
>> since I don't have any password (not even an user yet, I think :)
>>

> Very strange. If you could extract /var/log/syslog from the installer
> before reboot (use "Save debug logs" from the installer's main menu, or
> 'anna-install openssh-client-udeb' at tty2 and scp it to somewhere more
> convenient) and attach it to a bug report on debian-installer, that'd be
> good.
>
> Cheers,

My own mistake I think. Guess I had to few hours of sleep yesterday
evening. Sorry. New installation was a breeze, thank you.

Going to fill launchpad now :D
Cheers
Loïc