installing audacity

Adam Lafayette atomlbomb at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 26 16:56:25 UTC 2006

I am trying to get audacity working on ubuntu breezy.
Audio was already working when I tried this.  I have
xmms installed and can listen to mp3s in it.

I followed instructions I found here:
http://www.ubuntux.org/how-to-install-the-audio-editor-audacity

which are:

Open a terminal window and type in:
sudo apt-get install audacity
killall gnome-panel

The second command refreshes the GNOME panel.

After that you can find Audacity in the Gnome menu
under Applications -> Sound & Video.

it gave no errors during the install

I started audacity and it gave the error:
There was an error initializing the audio i/o layer
you will not be able to play or record audio.

error host error.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong.  I made sure there
were no other audio apps runnning when I opened
audacity just in case it would interfere.

Adam Lafayette  N1ZGG   atomlbomb at yahoo.com    http://www.bloodkeg.com       http://www.geocities.com/atomlbomb