Totem hangs machine after having suspended

Michael Shulman shulman at math.uchicago.edu
Sat Feb 25 22:26:38 UTC 2006

Hi,

Sometimes when I run Totem, very strange things happen.  The machine
hangs completely, screen goes blank, the mouse cursor appears and
disappears intermittently, sometimes showing an arrow and sometimes
the circular "working" cursor, and no key combination appears to do
anything, including C-A-Del, C-A-BS, A-Fn, C-A-Fn.  I have to hard
reboot the machine.  As far as I can tell, this happens precisely when
the machine has been through suspend-to-ram at least once after
booting before I run totem.  Any ideas what could be causing this or
how to fix it?

Thanks,
Mike