Gnome "Save As.." dialog, anyone like it?

Michael V. De Palatis mdepalatis at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Feb 24 22:46:37 UTC 2006

On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 11:10:03PM +0100, Thomas Kaiser wrote:
> Actually, I would like to have the same dialog as we get with "open",
> because I have always to click on "Browse for other folders".

Amen. This is one of those things that has always really annoyed me.
I mean, it's find if you happen to be where you want to be... But if
not, which is the case 99.9% of the time, then you have to make an
extra click/keyboard shortcut. I don't think it looks terribly
cluttered if the browser is always there.

This really seems like one of those things to me that would make
more sense to be an option. If people like it that way, let them
have it that way. But just don't inconvenience me in the process.

Mike