Migration to Dapper

Toby Kelsey toby_kelsey at ntlworld.com
Fri Feb 24 20:11:47 UTC 2006

Rajiv Vyas wrote:

> * I have not kept track of many additional software on Horay. Is there a
> way to find out which additional software (Java, Flash, RealPlayer,
> Adobe, etc) I have installed so that I can install them on Dapper?

If some kind person can run the following command on vanilla Hoary:

dpkg-query --showformat='${Package;-45} ${Version;-45} ${Status}\n' --show

and make the output available, then by running the same command and comparing
the output with the 'diff' comand, you would be able to see what changes had
been made.  Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be such a list (from this
command or 'dpkg -l') currently available on the Ubuntu web sites for Hoary or
Breezy.

Toby