Hang on Resume from Standby

Michael V. De Palatis mdepalatis at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Feb 24 18:21:16 UTC 2006

I have the Inspiron 6000, and I have similar problems (I have an ATI
video card, though). I eventually got suspend2 to work (there's a
great HOWTO on the forums somewhere), but I've had various problems
with the system once I recompiled the kernel to support it. (e.g., I
have to manually unload drivers, then reload them just so that I can
get my wireless card working).

Recently I had trouble with it because any time I ran sudo anything,
nothing would happen, and I couldn't C-c to kill whatever I was
trying to do. Then trying to restart, it would hang on a particular
step.

Of course, up until recently, I didn't have the above problem.
Hibernate is definitely better than having to completely boot up the
computer each time, so you may want to try that.

Mike