Edubuntu Client setup...

Michael V. De Palatis mdepalatis at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Feb 24 17:00:57 UTC 2006

In regards to 1..., I don't see why you couldn't do this. I don't
have any experience with LTSP (I hadn't even heard of it, so I just
googled it; sounds interesting), so I can't really help you with
specifics here. But in principle, I would think that you could use
grub to accomplish this.

In regards to 2... I don't know about synchronizing between Windows
and Linux entirely, but two nice tools that exist for syncing two
linux machines (at least) are unison and rsync. Unison does actual
synchronization, i.e., it will work both ways, whereas rsync will do
a "one way" sync (it's great for backups).

I personally use Unison to sync my school and work files between my
desktop and laptop, and am evnetually going to get around to setting
up a backup system using rsync.

I hope that helped,

Mike