Backport Repositories? Older versions of Wine?

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Thu Feb 23 18:17:39 UTC 2006

Ubuntu Users,

    I'd like to roll back my version of wine to Version 20041201.
Currently I have 20050725 installed, and it's not working for some
applications.

    I've looked on the net, and I'm thoroughly confused. Can I get it
from a "backport" repository? If so, how do I get that backport
repository in Synaptic?

    Can I get it via apt-get?

    Can I download it?

    Every web page I see with reference to the Wine version I want
speaks as if it's a foregone conclusion that one knows where to get it
and how to install it.

    Any advice would be much appreciated.

    Thank you.

--