partman-auto raid recipie

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Thu Feb 23 16:29:26 UTC 2006

I am trying to make a "partition recipie" to create a raid1 volume:

/dev/sda1               1          62      497983+  82  Linux swap / Solaris
/dev/sda2              63        1169     8891977+  fd  Linux raid autodetect

/dev/sdb1               1        8678     8886256   fd  Linux raid autodetect

/dev/md0 = sda2 + sdb1 - raid1 - mount /

Might want to do raid0 if the install will run quicker. (just testing things
right now, the resulting install won't live for more than a few hours.)

http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/apbs04.html says
"It is currently not possible to partition multiple disks using preseeding nor
to set up RAID or LVM.  Copyright © 2004, 2005, 2006 the Debian Installer team

but then http://packages.debian.org/unstable/debian-installer/partman-auto-lvm
says: "Automatically partition storage devices using LVM"

So I am not really sure what can/can't be done.

^Carl Karsten