wep & give up ubuntu

Camuzat Sebastien camuzat_s at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 23 08:33:10 UTC 2006

Hi everyone !
Im very disappointed because I will have to give up
ubuntu, on my 2 computers.

In fact within a few days, Ill move my computers in a
place where internet connexion is wireless only.

Under Ubuntu I did not solve the wep encryption, and I
do not want to deactivate (wep) encryption.

Ive tried gtkwifi, kwifimanager, tips given in this
mailing-list, nothing works. Two cards, one intersil
recognized out of the box, the other works with
ndiswrapper.

My router does not allow dhcp when the signal is
encrypted by ubuntu.

Seb