Python stuff

Phil Hagelberg lists at hagelb.org
Thu Feb 23 01:11:53 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-20 at 23:55 -0500, John Richard Moser wrote:
> Prove that python development garbage is used by the greatest common
> factor on desktop machines.  Until then your argument is fluff.

What the hell? Do you even know what Python is?

Have you ever used Deskbar? How about any Epiphany extensions? Maybe
you've heard of this program called BitTorrent?

Everybody uses Python, whether they know it or not. We don't need to
advertise the fact. Insinuating that it's being "hidden" from all but
the curious is ridiculous. Here's a clue: people like Python because it
makes development less painful. (Stuff like Deskbar and Gimme would
likely never happen if developers were restricted to C.) FFS, you've
even got a Raymond quote to the same end in your sig; get a clue.

-Phil Hagelberg

http://technomancy.us