gjiten

Chris Dawson xrdawson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 23:07:39 UTC 2006

I'm using Kubuntu, so I am not sure if that system configuration
applet is available for me.  Does anyone know the files which it
modifies, and can post those publically?  My gjiten freezes whenever I
attempt to add dictionaries.

You could also run "strace gjiten 2&> syscalls.txt", edit the
preferences, and then post the syscalls.txt file.  This would give me
more information, but DON'T do this unless you know what strace does.
It won't hose your system in any way, but it will give me lots of
information about the files which that program accesses.  I see when I
do this that it reports this:

"**** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer:  0xb7d83580 ***"

So, it looks like it crashes when it doesn't have a proper configuration.

Chris