need to access Fat 32 partition from NVU

William Wereley ravenridge at direcway.com
Wed Feb 22 21:57:51 UTC 2006

get NVU for your Linux.

> Am 22.02.2006, 18:43 Uhr, schrieb William Wereley
> <ravenridge at direcway.com>:

> I am trying to wean myself from Windahs and need to
> be able to work on sites in a folder living on a fat32
> partition, I set this up hoping not to have to continually
> sync my sites folder after working in win or ubuntu. I try
> to do as much as possible in Ubuntu but sometimes need to go
> back to windahs when I can't figure how to do something in
> Ubuntu thats simple in Windahs. I dreamweaver I can connect
> to the folder on the shared drive and edit the pages, in NVU
> I can't seem to get beyond the local drive. I have 40 some sites
> I work on and get small updates and changes every day. I would
> like to do these in NVU. Can someone give me some direction so
> I can begin to operate efficently in this wonderful OS.
> Thanks in Advance
> Bill Wereley
> RavenRidgeDesigns

I guess I did not explain myself clearly, I have NVU in Ubuntu
but I cannot get it to see beyond the local folders. Dreamweaver
in win has no problem. I have 2 drives, 1 200Gb and 1 80Gb. Ubuntu
is on the 200 with a second partition formatted fat32. NVU is in Ubuntu
but won't look beyond the Ubuntu partition. At least I can't find a
way to make it see the second partition on the drive. Win200 is on the
80Gb drive with 2 partitions 1 NTFS and 1 Fat32. Dreamweaver is on the
NTFS partition and can open and edit files on the Fat 32 partitions.
I am probably going to have to set permissions as the fat32 partition
in properties says read only, I could use some help there as well.
Thanks again
Bill Wereley
RavenRidgeDesigns