Wine from IBM

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Wed Feb 22 21:13:06 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 19:40 +0100, Jan LitwiƄski wrote:
> I need a special
> version from IBM. I'd like to run the HTML Editor from IBM, README says:
>
>  IMPORTANT: TO RUN THE HOMEPAGE BUILDER, IT IS NECESSARY TO INSTALL A
> SPECIAL
>  WINE PACKAGE FOR THE HOMEPAGE BUILDER. PLEASE DOWNLOAD IT FROM THE
> FOLLOWING
>  SITE, FIRST.

The problem with the empty page is that they don't offer hpbuilder
anymore, according to this page:
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/awdtools/hpbuilder/

"IBM no longer offers WebSphere Studio Homepage Builder. IBM Rational
Web Developer for WebSphere Software has similar capabilities to build
simple Web sites, but adds many additional features such as Java and Web
Services development, integrated unit test environment and database
access."

The HP Builder v4 also seems to be ancient software, this guy installs
it on RedHat 6.2 on a Pentium 166:
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/0103_czap/0103_czap.html

Did you try it with current wine? Maybe the IBM stuff has been merged
into the main tree a long time ago.

Why did I have to google this for you?