Repositories

Bill Cairns Bill.Cairns at eskom.co.za
Wed Feb 22 12:41:21 UTC 2006

NB: This email and its contents are subject to the Eskom Holdings Limited EMAIL LEGAL NOTICE

which can be viewed at http://www.eskom.co.za/email_legalnotice

I have two ubuntu machines - one has no network connection and the other has a slow connection. I do, however, have access to a fast network connection on a Windows machine.

I would like to be able to use Synaptic - or equivalent - to add applications. (At the moment I am trying to add IDLE to my non-networked machine). How can I persuade Synaptic to let me provide the necessary .deb files rather than insisting on getting them from the Internet?

The WIKI has what looks like an excellent solution using dpkg-scanpackages to create a file for apt-get. But dpkg-scanpackages in not in the standatd repository so I am in a catch 22 situation with that suggestion.

Would appreciate help,

   Bill