I am new to Ubuntu

Keith Burton kb at starbeast.net
Wed Feb 22 04:46:41 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 15 February 2006 12:54, Jacob Mathena wrote:
> I am really liking what I am looking at so far.  I am planning to build a
> PVR and I was wondering if anyone has used ubuntu and might be able to tell
> me how it went... or anything I should know about...
>
> I am at the early stages of this.. I am simply doing the specs right now
> and I would like to build it around this software.
>
> --
> Jake Mathena
>
> - They can kill ya but they can't eat ya!!!!!!!
Hi Jake,

I just finished a Ubuntu/MythTV-based PVR project myself. Googling "MythTV
Ubuntu" will get you plenty of how-to pages.

The only serious issue I ran into was missing a minor step in the ivtv driver
installation. That cost me most of a day in troubleshooting.  So learn from
my mistakes and be extra careful with those steps.

There's an extremely active MythTV user's mailing list that's very helpful
too.

Have fun!
Keith