Recipe manager app for Ubuntu

Shelagh Manton oneida at tpg.com.au
Wed Feb 22 04:09:27 UTC 2006

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 17:49:08 -0600, Nitebirdz wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Does anyone know of a good recipe manager app that runs on Ubuntu under
> GNOME?  I read about gourmet (see link below), but it's not in the
> repository and it has a dependency on the libmetakit-python which is not
> currently in the Ubuntu repositories either.  Yes, I know it's always
> possible to download the source and compile from there, but I'd rather
> stick to the nice apt-get/Synaptic system if possible at all.  It makes
> management so much easier.
>
>   http://grecipe-manager.sourceforge.net/

I installed the metakit stuff from the universe repositories and then
converted the gourmet*.rpm in alien. Works fine for me. That way you can
uninstall using apt if you want to later. It's called libmetakit2.4.9.3c2.
You may need to access the universe repositories, if you can't see it at
the moment.

Shelagh