inetd.conf missing?

Nitebirdz nitebirdz at sacredchaos.com
Tue Feb 21 22:00:03 UTC 2006

On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 10:32:41AM -0500, Mark Johanson wrote:
> Probably a stupid question but where is this located? I've
> looked all thru /etc but am unable to find it. Tried a find for
> it and came up blank as well. Any suggestions?

My system still has the "/etc/inetd.conf" file, but then I've been
upgrading since I originally installed Ubuntu 4.10 (I hope I get the
version number right... it was the first official release anyways).
Perhaps these days the installer defaults to xinetd instead.  Check and
see if you have an "/etc/xinetd.d" directory.