What do I do with an old laptop?

Luis M lemsx1 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 19:19:39 UTC 2006

If you are a family oriented (or somebody who likes photography
really), make it into a digital frame. There are plenty of howtos
online on how to make this happen.

It boils down to:

* Get the LCD screen detached from the base
* Hide the base away from view (drill holes in the wall and put it
inside or under a desk)
* Put a nice picture holder frame around the LCD ;-)

And you go from there as you see fit, i'd say make it wireless and put
Mythtv or something that makes you easily manage the whole shebang
from a networked system. Have a nice 3D screensaver running and
picking random pictures from somewhere... etc.. etc..

I'm actually dying to get an old laptop to do just that... One day I'll ;-)