[Dapper] "compiz-gnome", where is it ??

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Tue Feb 21 12:17:48 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 12:19 +0100, Dennis Kaarsemaker wrote:
> In short:
>
> Mails to dapper-changes get sent when someone uploads a source package.
> This will then be submitted to the build daemons. If something goes
> wrong during build, this versioin will never hit the archive and a
> corrected source will have to be uploaded. When all builds go well, the
> package is ready to be moved to the archive. This is done once every X
> hours/minutes (don't know exactly). There is one more factor that slows
> it down: if an upload introduces new binary packages (the new compiz
> source package introduces the compiz-gnome and compiz-kde binary
> packages) it wil not be placed in the archive immediately, but is put in
> the NEW queue. This NEW queue has to be inspected/handled manually to
> finish the process.

Thanks Dennis for shedding some light :-)
What would be ideal, is that dapper-changes come at the very end of this
chain instead of at its very beginning, so that we are notified of
packages that have actually hit the repository and are immediately
available for download.
Would that be difficult to implement ?
I know, I know, the devs have much more urgent things to do ;-)

--
Vince, a little too demanding at times maybe...