Compiz : no window decoration/borders ?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Tue Feb 21 12:09:12 UTC 2006

Compiz works quite nicely on my crappy old machine, to my surprise, but
there is a little something that's missing :

The windows have no border/decoration, so I can grab the with the mouse
to move them or resize them, minimize/maximize etc...

I suspect it is related to this error message that compiz gives me when
I start it :

compiz.real: Couldn't load plugin 'libgnome-window-decorator.so'

"window-decorator", that sound related to my problem...

but I can't find this 'libgnome-window-decorator.so' file in my system,
or any file with a similar name really.
I tried to use http://packages.ubuntu.com to find what pacakge might
contain that file, so I could try installing it see if it fixes it - but
the search engine doesn't list dapper in this case.

Does anyone HAS window decoration/borders ? Do yo have this file on your
machine ? What package is it in ?

Thanks for any help...

--
Vince