What do I do with an old laptop?

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 02:58:43 UTC 2006

I have a very old, Compaq Presario 1245 laptop, with a AMD-k6 333Mhz
processor and 128 MB memory (4 gig HDD). Most importantly, perhaps, it
does not have a ethernet adapter on it. It does have a PCI card slot,
though.

What is the best - or most creative - way to use it around the house?
Does anyone have any tips as to what I can do with this laptop and
how? Ubuntu runs fine on it.

Would I rather be better off selling it on ebay for the 100-odd
dollars the model seems to sell for?

I heard of the picture frame thing on metafilter, but that holds no
interest for me.

Expecting some creative suggestions :)

Carthik.
--