[Dapper]Kubuntu connection sharing prbm

C Hamel yogich at sc2000.net
Mon Feb 20 18:47:43 UTC 2006

When I installed Breezy I got the connection sharing working between a
notebook (host) and XP (client) w/o any problem.  It was so easy, in fact,
that I was very puzzled that Dapper is not setting up as easily as Breezy
did.  It's a newer kernel, of course, but I wonder if anyone else is having
the following problem:

Both machines can ping each other, and I am using static IPs on both.  I have
IPTABLES set up, DNSMASQ & DHCPCD installed (even though DHCPCD is not
necessary in this instance), and the client box's settings are unchanged from
what they are for Breezy.  I worked on it for a couple hours --checking &
double checking-- and I get no connection through to the internet.  I'm
afraid I need some advice.

Thanks...
--
	...CH