porting bookmarks

Todd Slater dontodd at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 13:22:51 UTC 2006

On 2/20/06, Douglas Alves <alves5 at cantv.net> wrote:
> Is there a way (file or group of files) for carrying around one's
> personal configurations to install temporarily in other PCs?
>
> When at home, I surf for answers to problems I have at the office, and
> bookmark the links (Ctrl-D) in my home-PC Firefox.
>
> Is there a way of copying those bookmarks to my office-PC Firefox?

I think the easiest way is just to use web-based bookmarks like
del.icio.us or scuttle. But you can simply export your Firefox
bookmarks and carry them around with you (bookmarks-manage
bookmarks-export). I believe there is also a ff extension that let's
you sync bookmarks over a network.

As far as configs for other apps, I suppose it depends on the app.

Todd