Canon EODD350

kauer@ethz kauer at biplane.com.au
Sun Feb 19 03:29:17 UTC 2006

Hi.

With SuSE and KDE, connecting a Canon EOS D350 digital camera via USB
resulted in a mounted drive, and I could just copy pics out (or even
in).

With Ubuntu, this doesn't happen. According to the "Removable Drives and
Media" applet, gnome-volume-manager-gthumb  should run when the camera
is connected, but it doesn't (or does, but terminates; I don't see it
anyway).

If I run it manually, the Canon EOS D350 is in the list of known
cameras, but only with "PTP mode".

Is there any way I can get the old functionality with Ubuntu? Note that
the usb-storage module is not loaded and does not load when I connect
the camera - it DID load under SuSE...

Regards, K.

PS: I know I could just read the CF card.