Updates

Karl Goetz kamping_kaiser at internode.on.net
Sun Feb 19 03:15:23 UTC 2006

Pupeno wrote:
> Is it possible to download all updates of ubuntu to burn it to a CD for
> someone who has slow access to internet ?

if you want *all* the updates, you can use a tool called debmirror. i
did this script to make my  mirror (which is sucking up my bandwidth now).
http://users.on.net/~goetz/karl/howToMakeAndUseAMirror

#!/bin/bash
# Please view 'man debmirror' for extra options, and explanations of options

# Setting variables
arch=i386
section=main,restricted,universe,multiverse
release=breezy-updates
server=au.archive.ubuntu.com
inPath=/ubuntu
proto=http
outPath=breezy-updates
# The --nosource option only downloads debs and no deb-srcs
# The --progress option shows files as they are downloaded

# Start script
debmirror       -a $arch \
                --nosource \
                -s $section \