ANNOUNCING : Ebuntu , Enlightenment 0.17 + Ubuntu

paul cooke paul.cooke100 at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Feb 18 23:04:08 UTC 2006

On Saturday 18 February 2006 15:33, dan wrote:
> On 17/02/06, paul cooke <paul.cooke100 at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> > On Friday 17 February 2006 13:53, Steve Tripp wrote:
> > > How about ubuntu-e, ubuntu-e17, eubuntu, ubuntue, or enbuntu.  I'm
> > > sure the enlightenment portion doesn't have to be english either.
> > > There's verlichting, éclaircissement, Aufklärung, Διαφωτισμός,
> > > chiarimento, прозрение.  (From Babelfish, so I don't guarantee the
> > > translations)
>
> What about an African derivation?
>
> Perhaps not a translation of "enlightenment" itself but one of its
> meanings?
> http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=define%3Aenlightenment&btnG=Search&m
>eta=

http://research.yale.edu/swahili/serve_files/browse/e/E/a1.htm

Entry below is enlighten - this headword has not been grouped

be enlightened { Swahili: -erevuka }
verb - [ edit entry ] [ photos: upload ]

be enlightened { Swahili: -zagawa [derived: Swahili zagaa] }
verb passive - [ edit entry ] [ photos: upload ]

enlighten { Swahili: -erevusha }
verb - [ edit entry ] [ photos: upload ]

enlighten { Swahili: -mulika }
verb stative - [ edit entry ] [ photos: upload ]
English Example: enlighten those with envious hearts
Swahili Example: wamulike hao wenye mioyo ya wivu [Kez]

Entry below is enlightened - this headword has not been grouped

be enlightened { Swahili: -changamuka }
verb - [ edit entry ] [ photos: upload ]

enlightened { Swahili: ekevu }
adjective - [ edit entry ] [ photos: upload ]

enlightened { Swahili: elekevu }
adjective - [ edit entry ] [ photos: upload ]

enlightened person { Swahili: mwanga , pl waanga [derived: anga; angaa] }
noun - [ edit entry ] [ photos: upload ]
Entry below is enlightenment

enlightenment { Swahili: mwangaza , pl miangaza [derived: anga; angaa V] }
noun - [ edit entry ] [ photos: upload ]
English Example: receive enlightenment.
Swahili Example: pata [shikwa na] mwangaza