BIOS handoff failed

selsyn info at 3phase.org
Sat Feb 18 02:57:47 UTC 2006

hello list,

I couldn't find an answer to this. apologies if it has been covered before.

I can't boot into my freshly installed Ubuntu due to the kernel being
unable to find my "sdc".
When I reboot after the CD install, I get a:

"
... "BIOS handoff failed" (104,  1010001)
ALERT! /dev/sdc2 does not exist. Dropping to a shell!
"

it doesn't seem to know anything about a /dev/sdc2.
My motherboard defines my first SATA drive as the Third IDE Primary Master

Is there anyway way to pass the "ide=reverse" boot option somewhere in
the install?

Or.. how/where may I use MAKEDEV to add an sdc device node?
I noticed the initrd install image only seems to have support for sda
and sdb nodes.

Any tips on this would be appreciated.

thnx,