Firestarter says I'm not connected to the internet

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Fri Feb 17 18:06:06 UTC 2006

Ubuntu Users.

    I'm still on a quest to get some kind of decent P2P application going.

    I've abandoned MLDonkey in favour of aMule.

    When reading online instructions on getting a highID, I came across
the advice that one should install Firestarter firewall to get control
of port forwarding.

    But as soon as I set up port 4662 to be mapped to my local IP, I got

Failed to start Firewall.  An unkown error occured. Please check your
network device settings, and make sure your internet connection is active.

    Somewhere, something is stopping me from getting a decent connection
out to any P2P networks. Could this error have anything to do with that?

    Any advice would be much appreciated.

--
Dave M G