Breezy: Losing localhost.localdomain [SOLVED]

David M. Carney carney1979 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 17:33:12 UTC 2006

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 18:17:01 +0100
"Mateusz Drożdżyński"	<m.drozdzynski at gmail.com> wrote:

> What about changing your hostname to your domain name globally?
> If you want to do that edit /etc/hostname and change it to your domain
> name. Oh, and you have to add it to /etc/hosts in a line with
> 127.0.0.1
>
> --
> Pozdrawiam,
> Mateusz Drożdżyński

Thanks! The last part about the hosts file did the trick. I had already
changed the hostname.

The funny thing was the first line of the hosts file contained:

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost mydomain.org

So I changed it to:

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
127.0.0.1 mydomain.org

Now it works.

David

--