Server comments

Jim Bodkikns (Dakotacom) JimBodkins at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 16 22:02:21 UTC 2006

   We really dont have load issues to speak of. Isnt modern hardware just
wonderfull. :)

   Most of our systems are disc bound. Typical database of 3 to maybe 10
million records. (reservations and related info) Having a number (could be a
dozen at once) reservation agents doing 30,60,90 or 120 day forcasts really
hits the disc subsystem. (Normally cached SCSI raid - GDT at this point).
Some latency is expected by users when they understand that the function
they are performing is 'extreme'. (Fraction of a minute in the worse case).

   Mainly, its what is installed and what we have to do to install it that
takes the time.

   BTW, sounds like you are getting just amazing service from your server.
:)