Server comments

Jim Bodkikns (Dakotacom) JimBodkins at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 16 20:53:09 UTC 2006

   This involves dozens of companies (commercial customers). It is bigger
than me. I am trying to leverege the abilities of responsible employees of
the customer.

   BTW, this isnt about admining a webserver. These servers are in hotels
and they:

Manage workstations (typically a dozen or so at the moment, but have had
60-70)
Hotel management/reservation software (Currently unify based)
Interface functions (point of sale, call accounting, video rental,
electronic lock systems etc).
Web based reservation/modification services
Office Suite use by managers (owners mainly)
Messaging (in developement)
etc

It is a different category than the traditional webserver 'server' install.
I have done many appliance installs and wouldnt want that to go away.
(FreeBSD mainly).