Server comments

Mateusz Drożdżyński m.drozdzynski at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 19:15:05 UTC 2006

Hi,

On 2/16/06, Jim Bodkikns (Dakotacom) <JimBodkins at yahoo.com> wrote:
>    My real problem is with the server install. Come on guys. Are you
> serious? What you call a server install, stopped being useful ten years ago.
Sever install is meant to be as small as possible and by default it
doesn't include any not necessary software. If you install a server
you're most likely to want to make your system as much customized as
possible.

> Contemporary servers require desktops and more. (I am more than capable of
> admining a server from a command line. But a credible and 'deployed' server
> needs admining by others, not just me)
I find admining servers from command line much easier than from GUI,
but you can install DE with apt-get if you want! I'm going to repeat
myself - server install should be kept as small as possible, if you
need anything extra - install it by yourself.

--
Pozdrawiam,
Mateusz Drożdżyński