Group permissions problem

David Mummery dmummery at accessit.co.uk
Wed Feb 15 17:36:20 UTC 2006

Hi all -

I'm setting up a multi-user LTSP environment based on Ubuntu.

I need to have shared folders where users can save files e.g. openoffice documents -  that others can then modify.

I have set umask = 0002 in /etc/login.defs and in .bash-profile file for a user. Logged out and logged in again.

Umask is still 0022 (!)

Even if I type umask 0002 in a shell ,and umask does change to 0002, I still do not create files in openoffice with group read/write permissions.

Any ideas?

David
Disclaimer: This message may only be read in context and with common sense. No children or animals were hurt during its creation, so if concerned or in doubt, please destroy it with a clear conscience.

If this message is not meant for you, as ordinary people we have made a mistake and would appreciate your help. We promise that we mean no offence and will endeavour to rectify our mistake. Our full contact details can be found on www.accessit.co.uk