Mounting a webdav directory

Richard Barry rbarry at sunspace.co.za
Wed Feb 15 08:42:14 UTC 2006

Hi,
I'm using davfs2 to mount a webdav directory locally.  I get it working
after I install davfs2, but then after I restart I cannot mount the
directory again.  I get the following error message:

/usr/lib/mount.davfs-2.6: Could not open pid-file

I tried looking in the /var/lock and /var/run directories for something
I can delete to make it work again, but I can't find anything obvious:

$ls /var/lock
evms-engine  lvm

$ ls /var/run
acpid.socket  dbus               klogd                samba
atd.pid       dhclient.eth0.pid  laptop-mode-enabled  screen
crond.pid     gdm.pid            laptop-mode-state    sdp
crond.reboot  hal                mdadm.pid            syslogd.pid
cups          hplip              network              utmp

Reintalling davfs2 fixes it, but there has to be some way I can get it
to just work.

Thanks

PS I'm running Dapper

This e-mail and any accompanying attachments are confidential and for use of the intended recipient only. If the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer. Sun Space and Information Systems (Pty) Ltd (SunSpace) does not accept responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent.

Whilst all reasonable care has been taken to avoid the transmission of any viruses, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the onward transmission, opening or use of this message and any attachments will not adversely affect its systems or data. No responsibility is accepted by SunSpace in this regard and the recipient should carry out such viruses and other checks it considers appropriate.

If verification of this e-mail or any attachment is required, please request a hard-copy version.