Remove icon from desktop

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Tue Feb 14 11:45:26 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 12:10 +0100, Jorge Fernandez wrote:
> I edited fstab to mount my hardisk partition and now its showing on the
> desktop. Can i remove the icon from the desktop? I know you can
> go to system tools, configuration editor and remove all mountable media
> from appearing, but i just want to remove the windows partition. I do
> want mp3 and usb disk to mount as usual. Thanks in advance

Could you show us the contents of your /etc/fstab file ?

What I have in mind is that, IIRC, the devices that appear on the
Desktop are the ones that are mounted under /media.
Try mounting your hard disc partitions somewhere else, say under /mnt
(it's there for that purpose), or anywhere else, as you see fit.

HTH

--
Vince