GTK 1 Aplications??

Jorge Fernandez xurxo13 at terra.es
Tue Feb 14 09:30:51 UTC 2006

I installed DVD-Rip and VLC from the official repositories. When i load
them the appearance is horrible, as if they were GTK1 apps. VLC is
version 0.8.4. In the VLC Website there are screenshots of the same
version and they look as GTK2 apps. Are the files in ubuntu older
versions or am i missing something?
I tried downloading DVDRip from Automatix as well.
Another bad-looking application is aMule and aMSN.
aMSN wont let me write in japanese, as GAIM does. Hope they add an
unblocking button to GAIM besides video features ;)
See ya,