ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 18, Issue 125

Julio Biason julio.biason at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 10:54:10 UTC 2006

On 2/13/06, Alain Muls <alain.muls at telenet.be> wrote:
> I have a ipw2200 in my dell notebook, but it is not working. dmesg gives the
> following messages:

[...]
> but the card is not coming up. How can I adjust this?

Dell Inspiron 9300 here, and ipw2200 is working on Breezy and Dapper
(although I can't find the same messages on dapper).

Try pressing Fn+F2 to activate the card. It should've turn the "wifi"
led on, but it doesn't on Linux, altought it really is on.

I just changed to BIOS to always bring the card up on boot, to avoid such mess.

--
Julio Biason <julio.biason at gmail.com>