evolution exchange connector

Mike Kenny inzanix at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 07:16:33 UTC 2006

I have been happily (ecstatically?) using Ubuntu 5.10 as my desktop
environment for the last few week. As my employer is predominantly a M$ shop
I must intereact with Exchange so I have been using evolution 2.4.1 as as
supplied with Ubuntu as my mail client and groupware agent. This morning
when I tried to start up evolution I receive an error box informing me that
'The Application "evolution-exchange-storage" has quit unexpectedly.' and I
am unable to continue. i.e. evolution starts but I can't access any
functionality that requires this connector.

Has anyone else encounter this problem? Did you manage to discover the
cause? And the solution?

As an aside I tried to follow the link to report the problem to the
developers, but a) this didn't provide an option to report against the
exchange connector and b) it only allowed for version up to 1.5.9 of
evolution. Is this facility still in use?

TIA

Mike