Please recommend a wireless G Card

Darryl Clarke smartssa at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 00:54:36 UTC 2006

On 12/02/06, Home <vtpoet at direcway.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm new to the list.

Welcome!

[snip]

> So... my question. What Wireless G card (PCMCIA) can I use that Ubuntu
> will *effortlessly* (or nearly so) recognize during install? I'm
> willing to go out & buy it so that I can avoid all the fiddle faddle.
> (Since my last Linux foray, I have installed three children into my
> Life, which is still in BETA.)

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupportComponentsWirelessNetworkCards

Here's a list with other peoples success rates.

The Belkin card you mentioned is listed with two versions there and
claims to work out of the box only on one of them.

As many others have mentioned, avoid ndiswrapper unless absolutely necessary.

~ Darryl  ~ smartssa at gmail.com
~ http://darrylclarke.com