Is Ubuntu giving up on the PPC platform?

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 18:13:21 UTC 2006

On 2/12/06, Eric Dunbar <eric.dunbar at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/12/06, Brian Durant <RoadTripDK at myrealbox.com> wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to get yaboot to boot
> > default into OS X yet. I tried "default=macosx", but no luck.
> >
> > With regards to the kernel issue, I see two possibilities as I
> > believe we have talked about before:
>
> Brian, IIRC that's exactly what you're supposed to do to get yaboot
> booting to Mac OS X automagically.
>
> Most redundant question in the world (since you already posted that
> you used sudo ybin -v)...
>
> Did you run sudo ybin -v after updating your yaboot.conf file with the line:
> default=macosx
> (no quotes)?

FYI. This is my current yaboot.conf file:

## yaboot.conf generated by the Ubuntu installer
##
## run: "man yaboot.conf" for details. Do not make changes until you have!!
## see also: /usr/share/doc/yaboot/examples for example configurations.
##
## For a dual-boot menu, add one or more of:
## bsd=/dev/hdaX, macos=/dev/hdaY, macosx=/dev/hdaZ

boot=/dev/hda2
device=/pci at f4000000/ata-6 at d/disk at 0:
partition=3
root=/dev/hda3
timeout=100
install=/usr/lib/yaboot/yaboot