Grub, during the Ubuntu installation error 22 occurs

Maciej SÅ‚ojewski mslonik at poczta.onet.pl
Sat Feb 11 20:04:22 UTC 2006

Welcome!

I decided to install Ubuntu 5.10 on hde hard disk (PATA), it is the only
one hard disk in my computer, linked to additional HPT370 controller
present on motherboard (Abit SA6R), linked to first channel. Everything
was fine till the moment of first reboot between two stages of
installation (after installation of "base system" and before downloading
additional packets). Then grub error 22 occurs.

Of course I didn't give up with such a small problem ;-) I have prepared
grub floppy installation with grub. Here you go what I have done after
booting from floppy:

grub> root (hd0, 0)
filesystem type is ext2fs partition type 0x83
grub> setup (hd0)
Checking if "/boot/grub/stage1" exists... yes
Checking if "/boot/grub/stage2" exists... yes
Checking if "/boot/grub/e2fs_stage1_5 (hd0)" ... 16 sectors are enabled
succeeded
Running "install /boot/grub/stage1 (hd0) (hd0) 1+16 p (hd0,0)
/boot/grub/stage2/boot/grub/menu.lst" succeeded
Done.

For me menu.lst is fine, it has the same lines as above.

And after that, after next reboot still Error 22.

As a result I'm not able to install Ubuntu.

Please help me.

Kind regards,
mslonik