Broadcom 4309 wireless connection does not work.

Graham Helwig graham_helwig at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 11 09:44:37 UTC 2006

Hello,

 Problem solved. I got the wireless connection working.

 I found the  following web page to be useful.

 https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WifiDocs/Ndiswrapper?action=show&redirect=HowToSetUpNdiswrapper

 I did not know some device drivers can be location specific (ie. US, Japan, rest of world). If the device driver fails without error, then make sure you have the right driver for the right location.

 Graham

Graham Helwig <graham_helwig at yahoo.com> wrote: Hello,

 I'm running ubuntu 5.10 on a Dell inspiron 5150 laptop with a broadcom BCM4309 wireless network device. I cannot get this wireless device to work. I aware that there is no linux driver for this braodcom device, Instead I need use the windows driver through ndiswrapper. The ndiswrapper requires .inf file, but when I download the windows device driver from Dell all I get  is an executable file. Does anyone know where I get the this .inf file from?

 Also is there a detailed procedure to  get this device working?

 Regards
 Graham

 Yahoo! Mail